Complete Brake Service In Edmonton
Your brakes are a part of your vehicle that are under constant strain and wear. Whether you’re driving a sedan, SUV, or truck, regular inspection and service is always recommended to avoid a costly brake repair and make sure that your brakes are properly maintained. As an Edmonton driver, you can trust Bruce Stewart's Auto Repair Centre for high quality brake repair and maintenance services.
For your own safety and the safety of others, your brakes need to be reliable. Proper brake repair and maintenance is crucial to ensure that you and your loved ones, as well as others on the road, are kept out of harm’s way. For Sherwood Park drivers and others in the Edmonton area, visiting an auto repair centre for brake repair and maintenance should be a year-round responsibility, not just during the winter when the roads are slippery.
Proper and regular brake inspection, maintenance, and repair are essential for safety. For brake repair, Edmonton drivers can rely on us. Our team is known for providing high quality car maintenance and repair services for Sherwood Park and Edmonton area vehicle owners.
In order to keep your brakes in proper working condition, you should know the warning signs of problems.
- Drag - If the vehicle has sticking brakes, hot wheels, or loss of engine power, it could be due to brakes that fail to release. This situation could potentially leave the vehicle without brakes.
- Grab - If the brakes grab at the slightest pressure, it could be a problem with grease or oil contaminated linings or a loose or broken component that could fail in an emergency.
- Pull - If the vehicle pulls to the side when braking it could be due to an under inflated tire, brakes in need of adjustment, or brakes requiring repair.
- Squeal - Some braking noise is normal, but it should be minimal. The brakes need attention if you hear: squealing, grinding, screeching, clattering, or groaning.
- Vibration - If the brake pedal or steering wheel shakes or vibrates when brakes are applied, it may be due to: rotors in need of resurfacing, loose component, or faulty steering mechanism.
When it comes to brake repair, Sherwood Park drivers and others can rely on our skilled and experienced team of professionals for superior quality service. At Bruce Stewart's Auto Repair Centre in Edmonton, your safety is our concern. We ensure that your vehicle's brakes are serviced and inspected properly. We use only high quality parts and materials to make repairs.
Disc Brake Assembly:
- Inspect disc brake assembly.
- Inspect brake pads every 20,000 km and replace if necessary.
- Inspect wheel bearing grease seal.
- Inspect caliper hardware.
- Inspect wheel bolts and wheel studs, replace if necessary.
Drum Brake Assembly:
- Inspect brake shoes - replace if excessively worn.
- Inspect brake drum - machine or replace as required.
- Inspect, clean, and lubricate entire assembly.
- Inspect parking brake cable for excessive slack and road grime - adjust or replace if necessary.
*Warning: Worn drums and shoes can cause unreliable stopping, excessive pedal effort, or brake pedal pulsation.
If you are having problems with your brakes, please call 780-465-2783 to make an appointment to have your vehicle serviced at our Edmonton auto repair centre.